18 February 2006

San Telmo by night

This is the traditional bohemian quarter of San Telmo. Usually the streets here are very busy, but this picture was taken at 2am and the street couldn´t have been emptier. San Telmo is one of the oldest "barrios" or quarters of the city. Until the widespread of the yellow fever in 1871 the whealthiest people lived here. I find this place very beautiful with its traditional cafes and resturants, always a tango resounding in the air, and the narrow stone paved streets have an unususual charme. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

Hola Karine!!
Gracias!! I just linked you to my page!!
I like your view of Buenos Aires!
:)
nos vemos!!
Luv
C!

11:50 PM  
Blogger hfkais said...

Hello cynthia, I was see your comment, just visit your blog. I luv night scene, like your photos. so, I will visit your blog sometimes. have nice day :)

4:36 AM  
Blogger Wolf said...

Cynthia I noticed that you have added my link to your blog.
Thanks, I will do the same for you.. as for the photo it is a brave shot at 2:00 am.
I have a hard time making it past 12!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home