15 March 2006

Law faculty

Like I promised I´m posting a picture of the "clone" of a previous post . This faculty dates back from 1882, but this building was built in 1949. You can´t imagine how huge it is! Inside is a basketball/soccer field, a huge half-olimpic swimming pool and many many students. I really envy them, they have the best faculty building of the whole Buenos Aires University.
It was initially ment to be in
this building, but due to constuction errors that building was never finished and looks now like this. As you can see the top was not built because it was said that it would fall off. Now it´s one of the engineering faculties. Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Lots of lawyers in Buenos Aires. I imagine its hard to find a job once they've finished studying. There's always football.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

I'm getting confused now... there's a soccer field and a swimming pool in there as well as the law faculty? Wow, that building is really huge! I like the building for the engineering faculties as well. Nice university!

1:45 PM  
Blogger miss tango said...

I didn't about the soccer field and swimming pool. Is it easy to get a look inside?
I don't know if huge is a large enough word to describe it! Try Mega-huge!!

Your building isn't so bad Cynthia, but it is ironic that it is now the engineering faculty!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I think that's cool about the soccer field and swimming ppol (trying to imagine the size)
I've been to Buenos Aires, & now I wish I'd visted this while I was there!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Wolf said...

Great night shot, that does sound big! Lots of interesting facts!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

Yes it´s kind of funny that the engenieering faculty is in a unfinished buiding... and the soccer field and the indoor swimming pool are to motivate students to be healthy...although al this hour (10 pm) it can get kind of creepy. And with the almost full moon you can even encounter anything scary there...
Thanks guys for your comments and for visiting..
welcome Sam!!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home