06 March 2006

Loco, loco, loco

I really love this strange corners of Buenos Aires where you might encounter Cat woman drinking mate (a typical herb infusion, some might know it as mate-tea) or other strange creatures staring at you. This is a bookstore called "El loco berretín" also located in the San Telmo quarter that sells antique books, magazines, LPs, pictures of old famous people and god knows what else is hiding in these shelves. I guess if you stay there a while and look around you might find a treasure... "El loco berretín" is part of a song called "Balada para un loco" (Ferrer-lyrics/ Piazzola-music), a song that I especially love.

Loco! Loco! Loco!
Como un acrobata demente saltare,
sobre el abismo de tu escote
hasta sentir que enloqueci tu corazon de libertad...


Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!
Like a demented acrobat I'll dive,
into the abyss of your cleavage 'till I feel
I drove your heart crazy with freedom.

Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to a book written by Umberto Eco, a bible from the XVth century was found in one place like this in Bs. As., and it was sold like any other old book, very very cheap. Later on it was found out that it was a very valuable historical piece.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Hey, let's go treasure hunting!... :D

3:12 PM  
Blogger Mohammadreza Rahimzadeh said...

How many interesting subjects one may find in a city! Very interesting. I wish I could be threre too.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about these places - makes you linger - authentic fun loving creations perhaps - loco ? Anyway nice to see BA's version of similar stuff here in places like Brunsweick and St Kilda too

7:10 PM  
Blogger midnitebara said...

I like to visit such shops too. It takes me hours just looking around, never know what you might find.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Cynthia Quiros said...

Thank you guys for your comments!!! I really love that you like this kind of places :) makes me want to post more!!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home